This constant data protection service provides automatic replication of storage devices. The service provides “set it and forget it” capabilities with restore points defined by time of day, date, month, and yearly. Retention periods can be easily configured for each restore point.
Simplicity: Backup operations have to be simple to be successful. ScerIS BaaS is an intelligent backup service that provides automated replication of storage devices. Data restore points can be specified by time, day, date, month and yearly. Retention times can be specified for each restore point. A flexible configuration environment, restore points can also be manually created at any time. Constant data protection (CDP) technology provides full backups of identified storage devices for each restore point specified. Changes are constantly and automatically processed. Since restore points are full backups and don’t depend on any other restore point for completeness, there is no need to access multiple restore points to perform a restore. Retention periods are defined as simply as specifying retention of restore points for the last 7 days or the last 12 months. BaaS safely and securely retains all restore points specified for the duration of the retention periods.
Flexibility: Information availability peace of mind is provided for your virtual and/or physical source servers whether located on-premise or at one of the datacenters. File level, partition level or full server level data can be selected from restore points to meet your restoration needs. The backup data location is selectable from the list of ScerIS datacenters worldwide.
- BaaS services are provided with independent cloud backup locations within highly available environments deployed across multiple, geographically dispersed data centers all with numerous hardware, power and connectivity redundancy technologies deployed. If there is a large initial disk “seeding” requirement, the Storage Dock Service provides a method of sending physical storage media to expedite the onboarding process.
- Recovery points capture all data contained in the block volume/disk/LUN for the server(s) selected for backup protection.
- Reliability & Efficiency: Sites are geographically dispersed to help ensure information availability even if a disaster is widespread. Combining Tier 3 datacenter reliability features with redundant and highly available hardware ensures we meet our 99.99% datacenter SLA promise.
- 24x7x365 support from ScerIS engineers is included with our BaaS service. ScerIS provides assurance that specified backup regimens are operational with 24×7 verification that restore point schedules are met and that data replication is successful.
Q: How much storage capacity will the restore point/snapshot consume?
A: The amount of storage consumed by the server restore points/snapshots is dependent on:
- the size of the servers’ storage volume that is targeted for backup.
- the retention time of each restore point/snapshot.
- the frequency that restore points/snapshots are created.
- the change profile of the of the server storage volume to be targeted for backup.
For guidance on how to categorize your servers by change profile, use the information below: